Thursday, December 15, 2011

Dining Room to Play Room

Well it's December and we've been in our house for 4 months already. It's hard to believe it's been 4 mo already although this house instantly felt like home and I kinda feel like we've Always lived here. I guess that's how a home is supposed to feel though, right?!
Yes our home was move-in-ready and yes I told Dan that it was perfect just the way it was and that I could live here for at least a year without doing any cosmetic changes.... BUT... Who was I kidding?! I have been painting..Alot and my poor husband constantly has a LONG list of to do's :-) The house was perfect but I just want it Perfect for US!! What's wrong with that?! For those of you that are Far..Away and not able to see the house yet I wanted to start sharing some pics of what we have done so far.

This is the Before pic of the Dining Room
I took this the day of our home inspection
Because we have an eat-in-kitchen I felt this space would be better utilized in another way. Uh...yeah.... A Play Room!! Believe me, this room is NOT just for the girls it is also for me. It sure makes my life less stressful to have all of the girls "toys" confined to one room and for there also to be a space for them to be kids and have fun.
It's kinda hard to tell in this pic but the walls were not a pretty deep red. They were a sort of fuschia. Not my taste. Also the glass chandelier and sconces had to go. Don't worry...I found a new home for that sweet chandelier... stay tuned for that!

Here are a few After Pics although I still need to add a few things.
I need to get something for under the tv and also curtains.
Any suggestions?!
The Chalkboard Wall
See that Empty Cove under the window?
Santa has Great Plans for that space!!
Another view
I know these pics are kinda dark but It is sooo gloomy outside and this was the best I could do right now. See that 8x10 rug on my floor...that was the Steal of the Century!! I picked it up at Lowe's on Clearance. Originally it was $180 marked down to $120. It rang up for $30 so that's the price we paid! LOVE when that happens!!!

2 comments:

  1. Thank you Stacey for taking the time to post this! Love the pictures and love what you've done with the room. Can't wait to see more pictures of the house and decorations. Please give my love to the girls!! Merry Christmas.
    Grandma Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Kay! I will try to keep posting our improvements but can't wait till you guys can see it in person. Merry Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete